The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1204 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Creative story--good job. My family has played card games without any cards on a long trip. Oh the squabbles when two of us claimed to have the same card! LOL
08/15/08
This was a light-hearted ending to a serious topic. Well done.
08/15/08
Clever - and I LOVE the voice. Wonderful message in this piece.
Cool youth minister, but I wonder...did he close his eyes when he was counting? LOL I enjoyed how the reader was right in the middle of the MC's deep thoughts, then "Hide and Seek!" That's probably just how the MC felt.
08/16/08
Funny story. I love how all the teenagers instantly became little kids.
08/17/08
This sounded true, and i loved it. West Texas goes on and on from California, and I can just picture the whole scene.. you brought us with you... i loved the lessons learned about human suffering, and how it impacts us, no matter how young. Great writing.
This was quite creative, I really enjoyed it! A very different take on Hide and Seek. ;)
08/20/08
I've read many pieces for this topic and this is one of my three favorite! Because the details are so specific and engaging(yet also down to earth), I stayed interested throughout. Two things I especially appreciate about this piece is that the MC recognized that his pride almost kept him from having the pure fun and comraderie. I also love it that the MC prays, reconciling his missionary guilt, before settling into play. I love to see prayer as dialogue--especially in teens. (I'm a high school teacher who sees so many sad and confused teens.) Thanks for this! God bless!