The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1482 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/08
Good for Michelle—and I love that she paid Mark back in pennies! Well done.
07/17/08
Good story! I'm glad for her that she kept up her resolve until the right man and the right time.
Good for her. Instead of her wedding night being tainted by bitter guilt, she has a pure night to look forward to. I found the transition of her mood before and after the flash-back to be just a little on the abrupt side, but otherwise great story.
I enjoyed your story. The contrast with anticipation for what was on the other side of the door was especially good. The pennies added just the right touch.
07/19/08
Contrast between the two scenes on either side of the door were very good. I agree that the transition was a bit sudden, but this was thought-provoking and engaging.
07/21/08
Good story. I am glad that she didn't give in but walked away from the motel. You made me care about her and her decision!
Laura, I love how you unveil the lies of the world in this beautiful story. May this story encourage young people to choose the blessing of purity.
07/26/08
What an EXCELLENT portrayal of the dark side of the expectations of Prom Night; She stood her ground for the Lord and God blessed her...with pennies from heaven.