The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2349 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/05/08
Very nice. This brought back memories of some of the adventures my brother and I had in our house-turned… whatever the order of the day was.
wow.... absolutely delightful, stunning, beautiful... my favorite challenge entry ever.
06/06/08
A poem is just a poem - until this MASTERFUL poet turns it into a delightful piece full of meaning and delight and magic. Lovely!
06/07/08
What a fun poem. You did a slendid job.
Still keep coming back to this one.. I want to make my home magical for my children just like the poem... I want to print it out and hang it on the wall!!
06/09/08
Wonderful children's poem--the sort of thing I'd definitely have read to my little girls.
06/09/08
Wow….truly impressive work on this! I love the meter of this and these lines "then a house is just a portal where adventure has begun!"are awesome! I like the all lower-caseness of this! :)
06/09/08
I can just see this with lovely creative illustrations as a beloved childrens' book-you definitely need to publish this one.
So cute and fun, I would have like more, but somehow i satisfied anyway.
Very clever poem indeed.
06/09/08
So fun!
This poem definitely had to have been written from personal experience. Isn't it amazing what an ordinary home, coupled with a wild imagination can do for children?

I can see that your imagination has stayed with you into adulthood, and it is a big part of why I think you come up with such fun and original stories (or in this case poems). :)
06/11/08
I love the lilt of this. It is light-hearted and full of fun...Greatly deserves to be in Masters, as you are...This would bring giggles to girls and chuckles from little boys...Great. I love it...Helen
06/12/08
I love this! The rhythm is perfect and the words are priceless !
06/12/08
Oh yes, definitely children's picture book material. Very imaginative.