The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1232 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/29/08
This story is so beautifully written. It is so timely as well. I have a 4 year-old grandson who is battling Leukemia. Your comments about Lucy's future and our hope truly encouraged me today. Thank you for the wisdom and compassion you shared in this touching story. We all must look to the eternal hope promised us, which is far greater than the struggles of this life. Well done.
The devotionsl thoughts here are excellently illustrated by your cousin, Lucy's, life.
Beautiful. Both the story and sweet Lucy.
You had me crying for sure. Tender story.
05/30/08
This is a beautiful tribute to Lucy. I look forward to meeting her "in the sky" too.
05/30/08
LOVE the title, and the wonderful descriptions. I was riveted from beginning to end. Love the devotional feel of this too. Wonderful.
06/01/08
Wonderful writing about a wonderful person. Thanks for sharing!
Laury
This is such a touching story, Marilee. The dandelion seed analagoy is just perfect, especially this line: "Those dandelion seeds of hope that failed to grow were never meant to bloom here." I hope you get this published where families of special needs children can read and be blessed by it.
06/08/08
Heart breaking yet also joyfully liberating story. Though I can in no way compare myself to Lucy's sufferings, I too give little attention to my handicaps, knowing that they are only temporary.