The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1512 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/23/08
Cute and clever. If this ISN'T true, you sure made it sound so. I really enjoyed this, and your MC's voice, and Gerald is a hoot!
05/24/08
I've been stared down by mama geese at the park before. I know exactly what you're saying. Funny story:)
Laury
Clever and delightful--a fun read.
05/26/08
Great story! There were geese on campus when I was in college, but they were not agressive, thankfully. Your mention of the "fertilizer" made me think of a poem I wrote about them.
05/27/08
Amusing, busy article! Geese are well known for their aggressive tendencies, and this one was certainly no exception. (I don't think you needed to bold the 'huge.')
05/27/08
Okay--geese kind of freak me out, and after reading this, they still freak me out...but you wrote a highly entertaining, very funny story!
Loved this, it reminds me of a nasty swan I encountered once. So glad Gerald found a friend.
05/29/08
This is very funny. I love the voice.

I hope this story is true, 'cause I'm about to confess something. I, too, was chased by a goose while jogging in a park. But I ran straight into a muddy pond. My friend managed to tell the entire city...and no one lets me forget it.

Geese are definitely mean. Great job with the topic.
You've done a great job on this story with its little touches of humour, Very well done Alison. I loved it from start to finish.
Congratulations on placing 40th overall with this entry, Allison!