The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1692 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/08
A lovely piece. Wonderful parallels between the cat and the girl. Nice descriptions especially.
05/25/08
I loved this story and so very different than the rest. Good writing!
Laury
This is a wonderful historical piece with a precious story of a knight/savior.
Unique take on the topic, and expertly written. It held my attention throughout.
Very nicely done. Good parallel between the girl and the cat, and I liked the tenderness of both knight and lady.
05/27/08
This one gave me goosebumps. I love it.
05/27/08
Don't know how you manage to do it from week to week, but you never seem to stray from excellence. This was magnificent and captured my imagination in an incredible way.
05/28/08
Interesting story. As I was reading, I could imagine the scene in my mind's eye. In my book, that makes for a great story. The voices were authentic for the time period portrayed. Good going!!
The voices fit the period at least to my ear. I loved this tale of salvation.
Oooh, I liked the connection for the girl and the cat. I hoped the two of them would go together. Great job! ^_^
I should have checked your profile. Are you a history professor at a university over there? You are too good for me to compete against because I only taught 4th grade! Not fair! But this is just so good! Like everything else you write. Kudos!
05/29/08
Fascinating take on a slice of history. Well done.
This is another one of my favorites for this week. Well done my FaithWriter friend.
A lovely historical piece here, complete with a knight rescuing damsels in distress. I enjoyed everything about this entry. Well done, Peter, very well done indeed.
I loved, loved, loved this story! The voice was perfect for the time period that it was set in. The parallel between the cat and the girl was also wonderful. This one is going on my favorites list. I hope that it places high. I'm betting it will. :)
05/29/08
Congratulations, Peter! Overjoyed for you!
YAY Peter!! Second place with this wonderful story. WAY TO GO!!
05/29/08
Ah, a true Knight in Shining Armor! Thanks for introducing us to him and his growing family.
05/29/08
I knew where you were going with this and I enjoyed every word getting there. Strong voices distinguished the characters and this had a rich, atmospheric feel. Thanks for the history note at the end, I always enjoy knowing the context. Congrats on EC.
05/29/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is a wonderful story, and your storytelling is masterful.
Awesome job! Well-earned EC! Congratulations! This was quite different than the other entries. Very nice. Blessings, Cheri
Wonderful atmosphere in this piece. Congrats on your well-deserved EC!
05/31/08
Tremendous writing. Congrats on the EC.