The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1917 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/08
Great descriptions, and such a tender ending. It actually brought a tear to my eye. Wonderfully told.
05/22/08
Wow, the dynamics of this piece was wonderful. Love the way it built to the climax and then came to a soft and sweet ending. Well done!
05/23/08
Aww....sniff...sniff...I miss Peaches Sue and I didn't even know her. Nicely developed characters for such a short word count. Well done!
05/25/08
Excellent writing:)
Laury
This is a great story--beginning to end.
05/26/08
I liked the way that the change to the name, Peaches Sue, seemed to give the dog even more character. Well narrated.
05/29/08
I thought that maybe dad was protesting too much! Great story.
05/29/08
Very good. I liked the gently positive ending lines the best.
05/29/08
Congrats! We once had a dumb dog, too. Couldn't help but love him, though. Sounds like this one was lovable, too.
05/29/08
Congratulations on your EC. I really liked the voice of this story. Very entertaining.
Congratulations on taking 6th place in your level with this piece, Beth!
05/30/08
Oh man, the first half had me agreeing, what a stupid dog! The whole fishing rod scene was priceless. The second half was then quite a tear jerker. Congrats on placing.
05/31/08
I've hooked some odd things with a fishing pole but no dogs (not yet anyway). That was funny, painful, but funny. You packed a ton of story into 750 words. Enjoyed every bit of it. Congrats on the EC.