The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1468 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/07
I was wondering what the thirteen reasons were, but it became obvious when the old man walked in. What a wonderful surprise when he turned out to be a retired minister. Great story.
12/15/07
Your title is perfect - and I didn't even know it until the last sentence! God certainly provided, despite some of their not-so-Godly attitudes. Love it!
I can really relate to this as I attened a small, struggling church.
Loved your characters; they seemed very real. This was a good read.
12/19/07
Great foreshadowing, great title, really well-written story.
Intriguing title, and I enjoyed your story very much, especially the personalities of the members that shone through. They really made me smile.
12/19/07
Really good story. I love the twist at the end. This is very well written!
12/19/07
Lovely, lovely story - God provides for his church!
I love stories that show there is more to happenstance than what meets the eye. Such stories cause you to read with your heart, and become one with the writer in your faith that all things work out for the good for those who simply believe.
I like how you tied in the title with the bakers' dozen at the end. The bit with the stranger who turned out to be a paster was very interesting.
12/20/07
Ooh, loved the title -- so perfect for this story. So, what comes next? You have me rooting for Tillie and this little church. Great writing, and good job with the topic.