The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1686 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/29/07
What a terrific illustration. Great job and a message I needed to be reminded of today.
So true. The talents we have naturally from birth aren't necessarily synonomous with spiritual gifts. I think the Lord enjoys seeing us set our flesh aside at times just so He can show what great things He can do through us.
This was a great analogy for how we use our gifts. Well done.
12/04/07
Wonderful illustration and lesson on using your gift. Great writing!
A great lesson. I love how you related it to something in your life...something to which we can all relate. Well done.
12/05/07
This was a creative entry. I'm going to have to look online to see exactly what an abelskivvers is now:) Very nice comparison with our unused spiritual gifts.
Laury
12/08/07
I absolutely loved the beginning - I could see the parallel of not embracing the gift/s God has given us. I think the article would have reached an even deeper level had you then done a similar examination of a particular gift (especially a Gift of the Spirit) that had been left idle, but upon research, training, practise, the gift was fanned into flame. Excellent conclusion .