The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1012 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/11/07
Little spelling trouble in the title, but this is a well expressed reminder that true worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth—dead form just doesn't cut it.
10/11/07
You brought me to the foot of the cross and to the point of true worship with this beautiful little message. Your writing style very simply moved the story along and kept me reading to the end. I like the characters and the descriptions you created in this story.
I know of a church where something similar happened only it didn't turn out half as well. A man with a broken spirit walked the aisle of this small but upscale community church to kneel at the altar and weep. Later the minister was fired or otherwise pushed out because he didn't reprimand the man. It still hurts me to think of this -but thankfully your sweet story reminded me it doesn't have to be this way.
10/12/07
Wonderful characterization and imagery - and much to ponder here. Perfect ending.
10/14/07
Intesting concept and presentation. Great reader involvment. Moving. God bless.
The characters are real and the so is the story. I wish more churches could feel the joy of a new worshipper over the judgment of an "outsider". This ending gives us hope.
Absolutely loved this! I mean ABSOLUTELY LOVED it!!! There is nothing else I can say about it.

I love an essay which so suddenly hushes me.

Thanks...I needed that.

Kate.
10/16/07
I love this story. It made me think of my college days and calling one of the local churches to see if they had any program to help college kids get to church (too far to walk/bike and me with no car). I wish Will-O had picked up the phone...