The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1629 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/07/07
You called this bad?!? I loved it! and I'm still snickering! :-) I was hoping Slink (I love that name!) would get plucked like that--for sleeping in front of their door. lol) Great, fun story for bold. Hugs!! :-)
Charming story--not cheesy a bit. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) Your mice are drawn so sympathetically that I like them and I DON'T EVEN LIKE MICE. Good job!
Charming story--not cheesy a bit. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) Your mice are drawn so sympathetically that I like them and I DON'T EVEN LIKE MICE. Good job!
what an adorable children's tale. You did such a great job on this!
09/08/07
Cute and fun! I also love the name "Slink" for a cat. This is a great little children's story. Definitely fits the topic.
09/08/07
I soooo agree that it's a reaaly cute children's story and I think it's very well written in this genre so kudos to you on that one!

I LOVE all the names and the progression of events and that the cat got foiled! Woohoo! ;)
Haha, fun story! We have some bold mice around my house. UG.
The Adventures of Pip and Squeek... they would make a great children's story series... - this was absolutely delightful to read!!
Being a cat lover, I was halfway rooting for Slink, but then it wouldn't have ended so well. This is very cute and well-written.
09/09/07
I love this innocent, charming story. It has adventure, just the right kind for a child, and fun, and it has two really lovable little characters! I felt like I was watching a really good cartoon. The kind they used to make years ago with great story lines and sweet endings.
Those were two BOLD mice. I have to admit that food can be a big motivator to me also, but I think it would take chocolate, not cheese, to get me to be so bold.

I loved hearing the two mice talk and discuss their options. I could just picture them, brothers trying to plot and plan. This was so charming. It kept me on the edge of my seat. I really, really enjoyed it.
Cute! This was so fun, especially the names, Pip & Squeak. Lol. I liked how they worked together to get the cheese and were able to safely enjoy it in the end. Good job! ^_^ I can just see this as a Tom and Jerry kind of cartoon.
Now THAT was a bold move. Really cute story. Children should love it. I can see it as a child's cartoon. So good.
09/11/07
This was a very innovative, creative childrens' tale. I, too, could picture each mouse. I held my breath at the conclusion. How you make us care so much about mice is beyond me! Well, that's writing talent for ya!
09/12/07
This was great! Lots of fun to read. This is a storu=y I would love to read to my grandchildren.


Debbie
This was wonderfully written. I have four cats and I am positvely sure these two mice could pull the wool over each of their eyes. (All four are misfits and seem not to have a clue sometimes) Great writing! Great dialog! Just awesome all around.
I so enjoyed this adventure, it is a fun read with a good message. This kind of writing is what makes many people want to read and yes, believe! Great job.
09/13/07
Betty, This is so adorable! And the name for the cat is perfect. Loved every word. Blessings, Teri