The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1960 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A wonderful testimony to God's grace! Your opening set the mood well, and when his thoughts boiled over into the big "NO!" I felt your story really got launched. I loved the detail of the 'forgotten bookshelf,' hidden by the hand of God until the appointed moment. Rich stuff!
08/31/07
A fascinating glimpse of history. Well done.
This is an excellent historical story. I could feel distinctly his fear of hell and his shame for recanting his belief in God. Good job.
You used the voice of the period well. This was not a familiar story to me, so I hung on every word. Great job!
09/03/07
Great story. I was glued from beginning to end. God's forgiveness is so awesome.
09/03/07
This is a wonderfully described and inspiring story. I'm often amazed how the Christians who had to endure so much, were able to continue to take a stand, even when they knew the consequences of their disobedience. Very good writing!
09/03/07
Very powerful - a fascinating look at a man I had never heard of. Excellent.
09/04/07
Marvelous retelling of a very interesting piece of Christian history. You did a great job with the old english language.
09/09/07
Beautifully written glimpse into our history. Hard to imagine in our world what our spiritual ancestors had to go through to bring us Gods Word in our language.
11/19/07
This is an excellent example of accessible Christian history. I thought your footnote invaluable in helping the unfamiliar reader to place the story in its correct period. My favourite part was the flashback to the tribunal but the story's strength is in its moral tale of redemption. Very well done indeed!