The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1996 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/07
Awesome!
This wonderful story touched me in the deepest part of my heart. What a gifted writer you are.
09/01/07
Thank you for writing this. It was gripping at the core, and unforgettable. If this does not meet teh criteria of fearful, I don't know what does.
Excellent! I especially like the metaphor of the rats, and the way they scatter when His name is spoken in faith. Powerful!
09/02/07
Amazingly powerful. I loved seeing bits of my Jewish past throughout this piece. Very realistic and authentic. Sent shivers up my spine.
09/03/07
Wow, this is vivid and descriptive. You captured the varied views of modern Israel, and the conflict of the MC and her search for truth.
09/04/07
This is wonderful! The paragraph beginning with intifada just took my breath away. Gorgeous, gorgeous writing.
09/06/07
Oh Sherry! What powerful writing. How did you do it, getting so much story under the word limit? I haven't read this week's EC stories, yet, but I cannot imagine anything better than this. You manage to string your words so exquisitely, like matched pearls. I love how visual it becomes for the reader. I hope we'll be seeing more of you, friend. (And thanks so much for your comment on my "confused" entry. I really appreciated it.)
I hardly know how to begin - no comment can do justice to this amazing work of art, bold strokes in vivid colors, intricate detail and delicate dabs in other places, it fairly rings with the pathos of the Jewish plight and their veil soon to be lifted. I wish I could display this in my home somehow. Wow!
Written with a reporter's eye and a tender, Christian's heart. Such realism is often hard to read and more often ignored, making talent such as yours even more necessary. Wonderful job.