The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1750 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
I literally got goosebumps reading the last 3 haikus here (or is the plural haiku?) These are great--I love the form--and your word choices within such a constricted structure are superb. But even more than that, the heart is tugged by these; I found myself wanting to comfort these women, long gone. Perfect.
08/02/07
Simply amazing! The art of haiku is very hard to master, but it seems you've done it here ^_^
You used so few words to say so much and capture so much meaning. Wonderful poetry.
08/03/07
Absolutely excellent - Haiku is certainly powerful when done well - and this is done MORE than well!
Beautifully done and an eloquent discourse on a sad reality.
08/03/07
What can I say but, WOW! This is wonderful, and the message, interestingly expressed at the beginning as well as at the end, touched me. Great!
This is awesome
08/04/07
This is a sad account of each of these women. Interesting and emotional writing!
08/05/07
This was amazing. I saw this while doing word counts, and thought it was such a unique form to use for the challenge! You summarized and caught the feelings so well for using so few words. Great job.
08/05/07
Bravo!! Standing Ovation. Expertly presented with passion, creativity, technique and message. God bless.
I've never seen the haiku structure as versatile and moving as you have made it here! A truly sad subject but a wonderful work! Masterfully done!
08/06/07
A grim but powerful lament - almost like an ancient Celtic triad. Strangely uplifting. I've never related to Haiku form until now.
I wonder if a less modern expression could be used for "pass-the-parcel wife." To me it detracted very slightly from the majesty of the whole. But that's only my preference. Very creatively done.
This one is so sad... May God forgive us for the pain we inflict on others so thoughtlessly... This was very well written.
08/06/07
Treasure this one as the author, it's perfect. thanks
08/08/07
This is my favorite of the week. Absolutely breathtaking. Stunningly well-done. Love and blessings, Teri
08/09/07
This lament touched hearts. The Haiku form made it even more meaningful by stating so much in so few words. Well done.