The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1651 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow! This is great. I think the characters are so real. This is a perfect story for a young adult male. Great job.
06/15/07
This was a great story. I thought it was great, the story behind the reality. So many times life can turn on a dime from poor choices. I thought that the father's reaction was very realistic, too. Authentic dialogue. Well done.
06/15/07
Your story presents a powerful message to parents of teen boys and a reminder of how much a son wants to learn from and look up to his father.
This is a tough story and painful to read, but it's real. The writing has to be terrific otherwise it wouldn't have such impact on me, the reader.
06/16/07
Wow. This is a powerful story with very believable dialogue.
Good job!
06/16/07
Amazingly real and heart-wrenching. This pulled at my heart in a very real way. Masterful writing.
06/18/07
Ooooh, good job! I teach teens, and I know they'd really like this. There were a few points where I found the dialogue just a smidgen unrealistic, but that's very minor. I'd love to see this in a sports anthology for teen boys.
This is a wonderfully written sad story that should reach out to teen-agers.
06/18/07
What a sad, tragic story that shows how one sin, unrepented of, can destroy so much. I was very impressed with the MC's courage and wisdom in confronting his dad. The son was willing to forgive but not willing to let the abuse continue! Excellent messages for teens caught in similar circumstances! Well-written dialogue! Wonderful job! :)
Powerful writing = big lump in my throat! I'm sure some teens could relate to the alcoholic parent. The message of forgiveness at the end is quite a punch for any reader.
Again, you've written beautifully. The thing I liked was that his dad didn't all of a sudden come around and ask for orgiveness and get sober. it would be great if something like that would happen, but the majority of the time, it doesn't and the family,
( wife, children) are left facing the life and moving on by giving their forgivenss without a real change in the one forgiven.
Very realistic.