The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2741 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/07/07
Perfect for the age group mentioned in your story, and informative of a subject that kids typically don't know much about in the middle school years.
06/08/07
Great job... my friends and I in 5th grade learned the alphabet, so we could talk in "secret" lol.
06/08/07
Great description. Love both your MCs, and the lesson they learned. I think your target audience is just right. Nice job!
06/10/07
Great story! It was exciting. :)
06/11/07
Interesting and informative story for children about how hearing-impaired people live and communicate. It can encourage children to check out American Sign Language, too. It also has a good lesson about not jumping to conclusions! :) Nice job!
06/11/07
Lovely to read and a good message.
Great story. My kids would love it.
06/11/07
Very good! This should be part of the upper elementary cirruculum. I really liked the way you made it a mystery, and how the clues unraveled toward the very satisfying solution.
06/12/07
Even if I hadn't known, I would have known it was yours. Loved the build up to the BANG. Good job.
I loved the mystery, the adventure, the good information, and the message you packed into this wonderful little story.
This is a great story--there's mystery, adventure and a valuable lesson all in one. Great job!
06/14/07
You definitely did a great job on the characterization of the children. A great story with a great lesson in it! I really think children would love the mystery aspect of it ^_^
***CONGRATS***

This was so fun to read! Excellent job!
06/17/07
This was a great story to bridge the gap between deaf students and their hearing counterparts. I sent this over to my friend who is a teacher of the deaf. It uses an interesting plot to get your attention and then teaches something. Well done. What a message.