The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1695 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a delightful glimpse into Elizabeth's life. Thank you!
06/08/07
A perfect story for older 'tweens. It would be a good introduction to the poet in a classroom setting.
06/08/07
Just charming and wonderful. Great way of introducing Browning to future "fans." Nice job.
This is beautiful and children should be able to understand it without any problems. I especially like her understanding of how active Cockers usually are and how much more remarkable that makes Flush's devotion...a lovely touch.
06/11/07
There's definitely an audience for this--my own very intelligent and literary daughters would have loved it. Thanks for writing such an intelligent piece.
I thoroughly enjoyed this unusual glimpse into the poet's life, and would have loved reading this as a child, too. Excellent writing!
06/11/07
A classic indeed! Love it! An important story, keeping our great writers alive in the young minds of our children!
This is a wonderful story with so many extra benefits. I could see it being read just for the enjoyment of reading, as well as being used as an introduction to poetry, or to encourage children to begin writing down their thoughts and ideas, or as a reminder that God hears our prayers and loves us our whole lives.
Wow! Captivating.
This is lovely. It brings a historical figure to life and would hopefully introduce a child to poetry and Ms. Browning.
A wonderfully well written introduction to Elizabeth Barrett Browning. This would make her poetry ever so much more meaningful to whoever read it at whatever age.
06/13/07
A truly great story for children to see a real historical character--this is the kind of thing that makes history come to life for children as well as adults!
Great tribute to EBB. This is a great article to introduce children to poetry.