The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2020 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/03/07
The title is inspiring and so is the story. I know so many close to me who share your story. You give hope, realism, and inspiration. I can't think of a thing to change, except issue a tissue alert before reading! Well done!
What a precious story of God's grace to Jacob and to you and your husband. This is truly a wonderful testimony to the goodness of God. Your inpirational story is told well and is truly inspiring.
Beautiful writing, reminds me of the hardships and suffering my parents went throught with six adopted children. The journey often is lonely but God continually reminds that He's the best life perserver available.
05/04/07
Whether we can relate to something very similar, or if the circumstances are totally different, the feelings and heartache is the same for all parents.

You captured the grief, anger, doubts, and uncertainty of raising chilren, especially wayward teenagers.

Great job of telling what I'm sure was a painful chapter in your life.
05/04/07
I was SO there with you. Your description of this situation is so realistic (because it is real, I suppose!) - I was agonizing with you, and will pray. Excellent.
What a heart-wrenching story. This is my favorite line:
"That’s what you get for snooping, I chastised myself, trying to swallow past the boulder in my throat."
Well done.
A heartrending story. How we hurt when we've done all we know to do and still seemingly fail. But God steps in if we let him.
05/05/07
Wow, definitely inspirational.
05/08/07
Very moving! I'm so thankful to have read this story. Blessings on you and your family.
05/08/07
Wow. This gave me goosebumps. Thank you for sharing so honestly.

This reminded me of our struggle not so long ago with our teenage son -- not drugs/alcohol, but other issues. We tried everything you did -- and then finally gave him back to God.

This story is a great reminder that God is always with us, and our kids. Super writing and wonderful inspirational piece!
It's amazing how God begins to work when we step back and let Him. Great story of letting go and surrendering.
05/08/07
This is a heart-wrenching, very touching story that will no doubt be a great encouragement to other parents of wayward children. It is so hard to let go of control of our kids and let God deal with them, and many parents struggle with the same questions and feelings of guilt as you did--What did we do wrong? What should we do now? Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for bringing such a message of hope!
A great inspirational piece, giving hope to anyone who's walked in your shoes. Masterfully written & full of promise!
This was definitely a two-box tissue read. It was so sensitively written that I almost felt I should whisper. Thank you for writing such a fine piece.
What I particularly like about this article is the honesty in which it is written. Such truth will touch those in similar circumstances and help to show them the way. People don't change people - God does. God bless you and your family and thank-you for sharing.
LOVE this! You told it honestly and straight to the point without being too 'pushy' or confusing. It must have taken something extra to write-God bless! ^_^
05/09/07
Wonderful, wonderful. I can relate to this on many levels. Very well written. Thanks so much for sharing it.
05/09/07
Thank you for sharing! I was moved and inspired!
05/10/07
Wonderful. May God heal all the hurts from this situation. I've been there with a brother. My favorite line is: "...trying to prove my worth to the One who gave me worth in the first place." How many times have I tried doing that very thing? Thanks for sharing, so that others might be helped and know hope.
Cheri, I don't know how you do it, but you manage to get me every time I read this story. I'm crying again. This was so well-written it sears the reader. A knockout that deserves a wider audience. You might want to check into submitting it to Guideposts or another Christian magazine/ezine.