The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1732 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/07
I really appreciated both the humor and the internal conflict within this piece.
Very enjoyable. I'm still smiling.
02/23/07
I had to read this outloud to my husband---it sounds too much like our story! Well done!
Just delightful! Good job!
I thought this was soooo funny.I loved the overall message and how you brought it out.
Your title and self-depricating approach throughout added charm to this piece. Fun to read.
02/25/07
A great poetic read for this carbon copy of the old beached whale; truly delightful, entertaining and very enjoyable from a talented and charming writer/poet.
02/25/07
Oh, great job. The meter and rhyme were nearly perfect. I started singing the first verse, then stopped, then went back to discover I COULD sing the whole thing if I wanted. lol Kept me smiling the whole time.
Liked this poem. I've often said women look forward to their husbands retiring until they realize that what they get out of it is "wall to wall husband". Cute poem.
02/25/07
I enjoyed this from the beginning to the end. What fun!
02/25/07
Delightful in every way! I enjoyed the humor, the message, the details. Wonderful stuff!
02/26/07
Great title, clever writing, really well-mastered poetic skills. Excellent all around.
02/26/07
My favorite part of this poem is how the MC had to learn that God's answer was for HER not for her husband. Great poem.
Ha! I loved this. Very entertaining read.