The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2079 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/16/07
Bittersweet and lovely. Nicely done.
02/16/07
This was a beautiful story. So sad and so sweet. Such a wonderful expression of a husband’s love for his wife. As tender as it was, I thought it was also very real. I enjoyed it a great deal.
What an emotion-filled beautifully written story! Nice work.
02/19/07
Precious, endearing, and loving story...beautifully done.
02/19/07
Such real emotions here. This felt completely authentic and heartbreaking. A wonderful portrait of love.
FYfou can feel the sadness here, and, I guess, that's what it's all about. Sadness through death comes to everyone, but we need to go on because life is still happening.
02/20/07
WOW! This really drew me in and took me through a range of emotions. You do a great job of putting us in the location without a lot of discription of the setting. I really like message.
02/21/07
Your writing is as tender as the stitches on that little bonnet. Just beautiful, Ann!
02/22/07
I could feel quite a few emotions; especially Vicar's desperation. Terrific job molding this lovely little story. Blessings, Jo
02/22/07
This left a lump in my throat. So tender and raw emotions expressed so well.
02/22/07
Your work is always beyond description. I really liked thid. "A good work" a good title, but not when it comes to commenting on your story. Superbly, outstanding work. God bless.
02/22/07
Beautiful, moving piece, Ann. Strange similarity between our pieces this week! Congratulations
Jeepers - I was SURE I left a comment on this yesterday, but it's not there. Hmmmm, I must be losing it! ANWYAY, this touched me very deeply, and I even told my hubby about it last night....as my first pick (of those I read). The tender heart-message of this man says volumes. You've crafted the story so that it's packed with details and character development, is period-dated (sort of), and speaks of humanity's longing to heal.

Congrats!!!
02/23/07
Ditto on all the comments above - great story. Very precious, very sweet. I was waiting for the tie in of the daughter being crafted as well. Congratulations on your win.
02/28/07
Ann, your imagination, your creativity are wondrous. I'm so glad that they're tied in with writing talent. You're the whole package. Keep raising the bar!