The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1894 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/02/07
I like this. It's like something precious yet worn because of use. Good job!
This is not just a beautiful poem but wonderful words of comfort to hold close and remember for always.
02/05/07
A keeper! A must read for all. Precious and lovely.
I found myself rocking back and forth as I read your piece. Your meter is so perfect, everything about it is perfect. It reminded me of the wonderful saying, "We may not always understand God's ways but we can trust His heart."

What a sensitive, lovely poem.
02/05/07
This would be perfect on a card, or even a bookmark - like the fancy ones they sell in the Christian bookstores.
02/05/07
Breathtakingly beautiful! I can't find the words, but it melted my heart to mush. Super and MASTERful job! Thank you. Kudos!!!
I'm not a poetry buff. I just know what I like, and I liked this one. Yes, the meter was great!
02/06/07
How very lovely and true! I especially like the image of resting one's head on His arm and bearing the pain together.
02/06/07
This was great. I loved all of it, but my favorite stanza was

"Fret not to understand the why
of losses you must bear.
For there will come a Time, you’ll see,
when I make all things fair."

What a day that will be when He makes all things fair!!
02/06/07
This is a wonderfully comforting poem. I could easily see this posted in the entrance hall of a hospice and how well it would fit there. Just wonderful. Thanks for sharing this gem
02/07/07
Oh - so lovely and genuine and heartfelt and BEAUTIFUL! I adore every line!
02/08/07
What a lovely poem, Linda. Congrats for making it into the EC again this week! :)
02/08/07
Congratulations on your win! As a judge this week, I found this to be perfectly crafted with a tender message that blessed me. Your talent is far from ordinary! Awesome! :)
This poem is too beautiful for me to tarnish with a comment. At this point in my life, I'm sure you can see why it's meaningful to me. I love this line:

"Now rest your head upon my arm,and we will bear the pain.Though dark the night and steep the way,I with you will remain."

I particularly like the use of the word "we" in this poem, Linda. How tender and lovely.