The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1891 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/09/06
Quite the qualifications list. Leaves me out though as I am over 40 and still single.. Do have those carpentry skills though.. ;)

A very good read. (But a tough job to fill.)
12/10/06
Wow - what a job description! Definitely made me think about the work those youth pastors put in. I loved how you opened and closed with the carpentry angle. Very readable.
Very funny, and close to the truth. Zing!
Could be a sequel to the poem at the top of this topic's list - The Perfect Pastor. Point well-taken. We often expect pastor's to be super human. Blessings, Cheri
"She must also be able to keep these things in her heart and not vent about them to her ladies’ group."
This line gave me a chuckle. I liked this piece. It is well written and contains a lot of truth. Nicely done.
12/12/06
You told the truth in a humorous way. I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for sharing it.
I'll share this one with my son, the youth pastor...not sure if it will make him laugh or cry! I enjoyed your humor.
Loved the story...but I've just gotta ask, did you deliberately leave patient out of your list of fruits of the Spirit?

Thanks, and God bless,

Kevin
You put a smile on my face today - loved this ad. The person who fills this position must be called by God and Spirit-driven indeed!! Very well written.
12/14/06
I love this job description! It's amazing how much we expect of pastors, huh?
Are you sure this shouldn't have been entered under martyr? Congratulations on the win!