The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1888 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/24/06
I was sure you were describing some third-world country! Five hundred thousand in the US? Wow! You have skillfully portrayed a terrible truth and exposed a desperate need. Thank you for being such a good "voice" for those who have none.
11/24/06
This was powerful and very sobering. Thanks for opening our eyes.
11/27/06
Great message, well told. Sounds like a poem that needed to be written. Thanks for your prophetic voice.
Once again, you've written a beautiful poem. The message is important as well. Excellent.
11/28/06
Okay Jan. I'm finally on the right entry. I just gave you credit for jan's story. I loved this, especially read out loud. This might be your first entry in masters, but you've been writing at and above this level for as long as I've been a fan of yours. Excellent job!!! God bless.
11/28/06
!!!WoWoW!!! That was a heart rending poem. The saddest part is that it's true - it's really happening! Thanks for exposing the truth, may GOd speak to the hearts of mothers wanting to adopt children. God bless you. That was amazing.
11/28/06
My heart is one with yours on the subject of this poem. It reminds me of "The Little Match Girl" story I wept over as a child.

You made a good choice, since poetry works, better than prose, I think, to convey the depth of anguish for the orphan child. I hope this receives a wide reading, so others can see.
11/28/06
This choked me up - so moving and strong and anxiety-causing. This is clearly masterfully written, dear friend - welcome to where you belong! This definitely needed to be written, and I am glad you accepted the assignment!
11/28/06
Jan, you are rapidly becoming one of my very favorite FaithWriters. This is just so, so good. I had a picture in my head throughout, of this precious little girl who looked just like my own--under far different circumstances. So poignant!
11/29/06
So very true! God open our eyes to see the need right at our very doorstep!
Beautiful. Heartfelt. Touching. Amazing job!
11/29/06
A terribly sad message told in a poignant and creative way. Wonderfully written, heart-tugging and convicting. Well done.
11/30/06
A big WOW! The poem itself was a work of art, but its message was both true and well expressed. An absolutely amazing piece!
Thanks for sharing this.
11/30/06
So sad..... I thought with the buses that this must have been an orphanage, but no? So very sadCand with a powerful message.