The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2084 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/06
And nobody has commented yet? This is great - the writing, the story, the suspense and the lesson. Well done.
10/23/06
This is great. It really pulled me in and kept me guessing. It was also very easy to follow. Great job!
I agree--masterfully done!
10/24/06
Couldn't breathe until the end. Whew!
10/24/06
Wow! This IS great William! I was holding my breath too! Whew!

Some really good writing here! Great impact and a good message so well weaved together.
10/24/06
You masterfully covered both the suspense, and the wife's supernatural peace. Loved it!

I wonder if the first sentence should have a past tense verb?

I think this would be a great piece for a police chaplin to share with police spouses. It's very, very good.
10/24/06
My hubby wanted to be a policeman before we went into the ministry. He's been talking about it jokingly ever since we came home on home assignment from Africa. He'd make a great cop. I'm not sure I'D make a great Police Wife! Yikes! Such mature, seasoned love shown by the mom. Good story.
Wonderful! This held my attention from the very first word. I could feel the emotions of the wives while they waited. I understand why this is in masters.
10/25/06
Family friendly, suspenseful, and very good dialogue! The best part of the story was the Police Wife's Name! Her name gave this story that certain touch of class that it needed. All kidding aside, Super read, brilliant write...and with the main Character's name "Marilyn" - you can't go wrong! Kudos!
Excellent! I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until both husbands walked in the door safe. Whew! One misplaced question mark - but didn't detract from your wonderful story at all. Loved the wife's reliance on God to keep them safe. Why was I worried? :)
I was concerned for a while, thinking it would have a sad ending, but I think I would have liked it even if there had been. (You can't beat pizzas, though.)
10/26/06
Only you would know how a wife of a police officer would feel. I bet your wife loved this one. Thanks for letting us in and sharing the emotion, and the strength that the Lord can give us during times of trial. This was fantastic!
Great suspense and character development. I was biting my fingernails all the way to the end! You effectively transported your reader right into the thick of the situation. Good job!
10/26/06
Wonderful story! Excellent dialogue,smooth story flow. The only thing I wondered was why his wife didn't receive at least a phone call at some point during the day but I realize that would have taken away from the trust and Word theme. Nice work.
10/27/06
Oh, thank goodness..... I was physically all tensed up and holding my breath by the end there. Great writing and congratulations on placing in this week's challenge - it is well deserved!
10/27/06
A well deserved placing. Gripping faith story, well drawn characters and delightful relationships. Well done. Yeggy.
10/27/06
Oooh! Now I can breathe again. I didn't realize it until the end of the story, but your writing had me actually holding my breath, scared right along with your police-wife characters. Man, you sure do write good! Congratulations on your Editor's Choice win, SirWilliam.
10/28/06
William - as usual, I LOVE this! Your characterization is wonderful, your description perfect, and the way you messed with my emotions SHAMEFUL ;)
A well-deserved placing - I too was holding my breath without realizing it! Masterful in every way!