The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1475 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/06
What I like- everything! It was great! surprised me a few times ,with the girl and how you arranged that, loved the ending. The dialogue was real and I could see it play out before me. Nice writing!
What I might change - so okay, I noticed after 'area', I might place a comma!:)
08/25/06
Such a tiny glimpse so powerfully written. The ending, although suspected, still catches the reader of guard. Sad.
08/25/06
Sad and sweet, an original approach to the topic. I liked it a lot.
This story will linger in my heart for years to come, I'm sure.
LIked the journal-entry approach - this was an effective way to tell your story. I wondered what happened w/ Dr. Callahan...later on? Jim's willingness to take a chance in giving away the cross is admirable. :-)

Very personal story-telling.
08/29/06
Beautifully crafted story full of emotion. This was an easy-to-read story that kept my attention. Although I could see the ending coming, you already had my attention. Great work! :)
08/29/06
I love the journal approach to this. You do a wonderful job of developing these relationships and the intern's and making us care. The final scene, though predictable was so poignant and wonderful. Great job!!
08/29/06
Very touching and heart-warming story. I like the way Dr. Jim kept asking God for His help. It gave the story extra strength.
08/30/06
Excellent job Tim!!! I enjoyed this story tremendously. I think "jim" knew what the ending would be too. I think it was very appropriate/symbolic that Jim got the cross back too, because he too needed the power of the cross to continue. I think that is the most "too"'s i ever put in a comment:) God bless.
08/30/06
Tim, I always look forward to your entries. This one is no exception. Great writing and great format (the journal thing). It was very touching and sweet. Great job, as usual.
08/30/06
WOW! WOW! WOW! Heartfelt, heartwarming, a masterpiece!
Now I need a tissue!
08/31/06
You've certainly taken us into the heart of many medical professionals. Very well written with a perfect dose of everything. Jo
08/31/06
I can't say anything else that has been said...so I'll say it again, AMAZING!
09/01/06
Hiya Tim, that was quite a heart wrenching journey without being sentimental or melodramatic, a hard line to 'walk'. Well done. yeggy