The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1546 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I'm about brought to tears through your entry! As the mother of two grown sons, this really ministered to me! Thank your for sharing your God-given masterful skills!
08/25/06
This kept me glued to the page. Wonderful images and a message that we all need to apply daily. Good job.
08/25/06
So many wonderful moments in this very tender and moving piece!
08/27/06
Words of Truth. I have surrendered the same burdens for my wayward son, only to pick them up again- and again. Thank you for this heartening message.
Good telling of the PROCESS of relinquishment.
08/30/06
Enduring pain for our children is something we moms know all to well. Thank you for the reminder that our burdens are not meant to be strapped to our back, but laid at the foot of His cross. I think it takes more strength to place them where they belong than to carry them. You've done a wonderful job portraying this mom's pain and, at this time, I needed to read this very well-written story regarding dependence on our Lord. Blessings.
08/31/06
A very poignant message to moms everywhere. This entry was delivered with such eloquence and understanding of maternal pain. I like when you said the mom who was also a daughter and the daughter who was also a mom, and the child who was also a mom. To me it reaches to the heart and soul of your entry. Very well done.
08/31/06
Wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL! Congratulations on your win!!
I love this! Congrats on your well deserved win! This is so touching, and powerful.