The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2409 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/17/06
Love it! You didn't give in to a predictable solution. I love the idea that Pa saw Daisy walk, even though it wasn't quite the way he planned it. Great job.
WoW! what a great story, with a bittersweet twist at the end. Great job!
08/19/06
This brought tears to my eyes. A beautiful piece.
08/21/06
Excellent job. Good descriptions and a surprising and uplifing ending.
08/22/06
Very nice ending. Great job.
08/22/06
Ok, you captured my heart with this one. Sweet, tender story of God's grace. I loved it, loved it. Blessings
08/22/06
Beautiful - I love that Daisy was not healed in this life, but that Pa saw her walk - and came to know Him too! This is a wonderful, wonderful story that is so true-to-life. Loved it!
Yes, sweet & tender...Master's quality writing!
So sweet, Amy...tender and real, all in the same breath. Congrats on your place with this! :-)
08/24/06
Excellent writing and storyline here Amy, with a well-deserved win.
08/24/06
Amy, Congratulations, beautiful, tender story. I love the message of healing you wove into this story. I am so happy this wonderful story of His grace won!
08/24/06
Amy, this was sooo good. Polished and smooth. Congratulations and God Bless.
08/24/06
Outstanding story. I know you were close to not submitting, but am so glad you did.

There aren't many stories that bring goosebumps to my skin. This one did. The picture you painted with your words, and the emotions you expressed through your characters, touched my mind and my heart.

Well done.

Beautiful story Amy! Wow!

There were a couple of little things that jarred me: 1. the girl nearly fell off the car? I'm not too familiar with Model Ts, so perhaps that is possible.
2. Switching back and forth between a modern sounding narrator/main character and the country accents bothered me.

However, by the end you completely won me over. The struggle with why God doesn't heal everyone all the time is timeless. Pa's assertion that he wouldn't believe until he saw his daughter walk and her walking through the valley of the shadow...beautiful. And the sweet answer to the prayer for rain. Awesome! :-)

Congrats!
Congratulations, Amy! This was one of my favorites this week.
08/25/06
This gave me chills-wow!
08/25/06
Excellent work, Amy. You've made me cry. This piece is so genuine and crafted so well. I love it.
Very well done, Amy. I had tears in my eyes at the end. Congratulations on your win and for blessing all who read this fine story of God's faithfulness. I enjoyed this a lot. Love in Christ, Karen