The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1037 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/15/13
I LOVED this story. Your descriptions of the lovely home and pool were spot on, as if I were there. This is truly a "goldfish bowl" story come to life. I laughed and cringed at the same time at the ending. Yes, a sense of humor and a bit of humility goes a long way in a situation like this. Thanks for sharing this terrific slice of life. Excellent!
11/15/13
You've done an excellent job pulling me in to your story. Your description and detail set up the scene and I could hardly wait to see the finish. I hadn't expected your ending; that's for sure! And, to think it's based on a true story! Oh my, but I'm glad I wasn't on either side of that glass. Thanks for sharing your fun piece.
11/16/13
Great story but such a terrible experience. How could the MC ever look her hosts in the eyes again? Swimming again would trigger flashbacks. Dear me; I cannot imagine her embarrassment! I may be sending you a congratulations message on Thursday!

Wing His Words
What a good story with a most unusual twist. I wasn't expecting that result of her swim at all. Well written and very interesting. I would have been horrified!
Oh dear! This is wonderful. I love your take on the topic and am glad time has had helped the MC look back with humor. Congratulations on ranking 8th in your level and 11 overall! (You can find the highest rankings on the message board.)
Happy Dance!!