The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1263 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/07/13
Hahahaha! You just gave me a big old smile and a belly laugh to boot. This is one of your best yet, my friend. It is a BIG winner in my book. Kept me reading with great interest of what Mr. Mercenary was gonna say next all through the story, and the ending was hilarious! This is a real smile (and laugh) bringer...Thanks for making my day.
11/08/13
I visualized your characters.
There was a stark contrast....
positive and patient
negative and rude

I especially liked your ending!

Wing His Words
11/08/13
I really enjoyed your story. Giving Mr Mercenary that name added a layer to the picture you painted of his character. Great ending too!
11/09/13
A good fun read, with great characters and a clever build up to the surprise close.
I know several Johnny Mercenary types who are so good at tracking down evil behaviour and evil people that maybe they should start their own abomination (or should that be called a demon-itation?) and call it the Sleutheran Church.
Well done.
11/09/13
What a delightful read! I'm still laughing, as I try to write. Your title intrigued me, your characters hooked me, and your ending finished me off. I laughed so loudly, folks in the house asked me what'd happened. Great job! Terrific message delivered in a hilarious piece.
11/10/13
I liked your witty contrast in characters. I could just picture Mr. Mercenary trying to stir up trouble. Great read and a winner in my book.
11/11/13
Oh, I loved this, especially the last bit. Nice ending. :)
Most excellent and enjoyable!
11/12/13
Great story, great characters and a surprise, fun ending. You've got it all. Loved it!
11/13/13
Great story, loved the ending!
11/14/13
Congrats on your well-deserved E.C.! This is such a fun story; I'm delighted to see it on the Editors list. Pass the chocolate and let's celebrate!
11/14/13
Congratulations, Camille; enjoy the spotlight!

Wing His Words
11/14/13
Camille, I'm so happy for you. I really enjoyed your story. Congratulations on your well deserved win.
I really loved your story--perfectly suited to EC!--A spiritual message presented with grace and humor.
Loved the story and especially the surprise ending. Way to go.
11/20/13
Oh this was so cute and creatively executed. Especially loved the surprise ending! Thanks for a BIG smile.