The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 966 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/14/13
Excellent and fascinating writing of your recent ministry opportunity. You had me picturing the scene of the midnight Bible study in the Indonesian language. Wow! Their enthusiasm was transported to this reader through your writing.

One thing in your writing which I've always enjoyed is your comments directed toward yourself or abilities, and this totally made me smile, "more through finding safety in numbers than in unleashing any great talent on the world." There is a crown at stake, I'm longing for His appearing, too.
06/16/13
I really enjoyed reading this very well-written account of your chaplaincy at sea. How inspirational to come across the group of Indonesian crew worshipping late at night. I agree re the 'Christanese' that Christians fall into so easily. Wonderful that you were able to share an encouraging message with them despite the language issue. Thanks for sharing the story.
06/16/13
Whoops - spelling mistake in the above. Should say Christianese.
06/17/13
This is lovely and well written. I enjoyed hearing about your chaplain trip to Rome. As usual, you have a wonderful way of relatng s personal experience about your faith. Thanks for sharing this part of your life. Blessings, Lynn
06/17/13
You have a wonderful gift for "getting it" when a situation gives you a reminder and lesson from God. Besides that, you have the ability to write it in a way that passes that on to others. Thanks, and God bless!
06/18/13
Having once been a victim of the 'Christianese' language barrier and made to feel like an intruder, I can appreciate where you're coming from. I love the words in your ending paragraph, 'each day may be anointed with the possibility of seeing him face to face.'

Altogether another humdinger of an article from the master!
Wonderful to read this lovely insight into your cruise chaplaincy and some of the opportunities that arose. Thank you for sharing this lovely account of true fellowship that spans language barriers and unites hearts in anticipating of His coming again. Great to read, thankyou.
06/20/13
Thanks for sharing this blessing you experienced as chaplain on your cruise. I appreciate you mentioning the Christianese language. It's so easy for us at times, to not realize it can be a foreign language to many of those who cross paths with us in life. Two Hums - One Hope sums up this memoir well.
06/21/13
Great article, Noel
Congratulations on your EC!
06/26/13
Oh Noel, I enjoyed this so much! I could just picture you going from place to place around the ship, “humming” like a busy bee, leaving and sharing the honey of God’s word here and there! And the midnight bible study...I can only imagine the sweetness of seeing those hardworking men gathered there, worshiping God, sacrificing much needed rest. I could picture it as that busy bee (you) stumbling upon a hidden garden, with foreign flowers, but whose nectar was so sweet, the bee was captivated! Just as I was captivated envisioning all this through your wonderfully written story! I see you were truly blessed on this cruise and I thank you for sharing it, for I feel blessed in having read your soul-stirring account!
08/09/13
Noel, I have never taken a cruise, do have a desire to take a Clipper Ship cruise and a River Boat cruise. I loved your personal story and way of directing me and other readers to the common language of Christ followers, love. The loving group, in study of God's word, included you. You included us...Thanks.

Wing His Words