The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1287 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh what a powerful story. I could feel the pain of both the MC and the little girl. My first thought was how hard it was for me to lose my mom and I was in my twenties. My heart stuttered when I realized Mallory's mom also died of an aneurysm. Though it's been nearly 20 years I still miss her, but your story reminds me to focus on the little things that bring me joy and the big ones like my own kids. I think you did a fabulous job of pulling the topic into this story. You nailed it.
05/30/13
Very real to life story capturing the emotion and impact of the loss. I can see those little hungry pups calling for attention just like Mal. There's a natural heart connection happening here.
05/31/13
Awww...this was simply beautiful and so poignant. I touched my heart in a powerful way. This story should do very well with the judges, it holds a powerful message, and although it had sad tones, the joy surpassed the grief as love, the common denominator came rushing through the words and scenario!

I loved this! Thank you.

God bless~
06/01/13
I enjoyed your touching story and the way the puppies helped the little girl in her grief. Well done with this well written story.
I love this story!
Excellent story, well told. Heart-wrenching realities faced by little ones who lose a parent.
06/06/13
Congratulations Genia...I loved this story so so so much! So glad you received an EC!

God bless~
What a wonderful and touching story. Congratulations!
06/06/13
You have taken us through quite an emotional journey without glossing them over or becoming too analytical, and wrapped up with such a powerful promise of new hope and energy.
Beautifully done.