The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1547 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/13
Another fine one you have turned out. Loved this story and was holding my breath for the sneeze to stifle! This is fine writing.
04/19/13
Another fine one you have turned out. Loved this story and was holding my breath for the sneeze to stifle! This is fine writing.
04/19/13
Fabulous piece of writing! I was on the edge of my seat and-to be honest-that doesn't happen to me very often!
Thanks so much for the story!
Rivetting. This is a most excellent take on the topic. I feel an "Editor's Choice" in the air . . .
Oh my gosh, this piece is amazing -- like write out of a Christian novel which I hope you write! This is too good not to expand on. Your descriptions of their surroundings, the 'coffin of freedom' they were riding in, the MC's internal dialogue with himself and the loving way you talked about your sister all drew me in. This should be a winner for sure. This piece was so imaginative and you had me on the edge of my seat throughout... The only red ink I have at all is where you say that Ezekiel's sneeze grew and took up his whole consciousness or something like that. You had already in the two preceding paragraphs told about that in a most effective way that had the reader right there with the fact that this sneeze just kept building and the peril that would be involved if Ezekiel couldn't hold out. If you just take that one sentence out, I think this story is picture perfect. I hope it gets an EC. Well done my friend... Blessings to you girl.
I enjoyed reading your story. Your descriptions put me in the wagon with your characters. I held my breath hoping Ezekiel could keep from sneezing. Great job!
04/24/13
Was caught up in the story from the very beginning. Good job!
04/24/13
Gripping, riveting, amazing ... You have so much packed into your expertly worded story. Super title, too!
04/24/13
Gripping suspense and solid human drama taking us back to a time most of us are glad is entombed in history and not still part of experience that enchains us. The land of the free and the home of the brave was not always so. Thanks for the humble reminder.
04/25/13
Congrats! *Love this piece!*
04/25/13
Congratulations on your EC. I love this. The paragraph beginning with "The hair on the nape..." described the scene so well that the reader might sneeze. I could feel the suspense.
04/25/13
Congrats, once again, Christina!
04/25/13
What a joy to read this piece and see how "the Masters" do it. Congratulations! As someone else has said, Riveting! My wife was calling me as I was reading. I kept saying, "Not now, this is great stuff!" Now I have to go read some of your other stuff. (-:
04/26/13
Wow! This should have been higher up on the EC list, in my opinion. If this were a book, it would be a page turner. You grabbed my interest from the first sentence and it just kept building from there. This one got my heart racing for the MC and his sister and their horrible situation. Your use of words was excellent, the pacing was just right and your ending left this reader relieved--and hoping for a sequel. Great job!
04/27/13
You wrote a fantastic, suspenseful piece. I thoroughly enjoyed the bumpy ride.
Very well crafted! Congratulations on your EC placing.