The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1472 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/11/13
Thank you for a great retelling of an historical event that I was not, but should have been, aware of.

There were a few times when Jefferson was speaking that you left out a few quote marks; unless those were his thoughts not his words, but I couldn't tell.

Loved the clever wordplay of your title!
03/12/13
Although history doesn't usually catch my interest, this made it more realistic. Well written.
History is not my strong suit so I really enjoyed reading a slice of history that I know nothing about. Very enjoyable.
You make history so interesting. It was never my favorite subject in school, but I could have listened to you all day. Congratulations!
03/15/13
You added a very real voice to this part of history and brought it to life.

Congratulations on your EC!
03/16/13
Creative use of the topic and an interesting, well written slice of history. Congratulations on your EC placing!
Congratulations on coming in 9th in your level and 10th over all. This was such a creative piece for the subject matter. I know the story even though it had been a while since I had heard it and of course I have never heard it told in a way that brought the characters to life so. A very enjoyable read for me. That must have been agonizing for Jefferson to have had it brought before congress so many times and we thought 2000 was bad! Good job... Blessings to you girl. Have a great Lord's day.