The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1151 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This poem has such depth to it. It amazes me how you can arrange the words just right. I wondered if I might be missing something with the word chord or if it was a typo for cord. Either way it reminds me how God uses poems to speak to different people in different ways. I may not catch everything, but I get what God needs me to understand and it takes great talent to write in this way. Good job.
03/12/13
Breathtaking beautiful! What great imagery of the contrasts of that morning! Great writing!
This is absolutely lovely, exquisite - nature standing on tiptoe to see what the Son of God has done; redemption oh how sweet. This is a perfect example of a poem, yes a poem, (not prose, and I am writing this before looking at anyone else's comments) standing as just that with no rhyme scheme. The classic poets of old did it all the time. I was taught both kinds of poetry in my Creative Writing class in college where I double majored in English and Religious Ed. This is so something that I wish I had written, but the word says we aren't supposed to be envious of one another. To God be the glory, great things He has done through you. Love it... Many blessings as you continue writing many more worshipful poems such as this one.
The words you chose present their own rhyme as they swing you from one verse to the next ever so effortlessly. What a pleasure to read and re-read.
So exquisitely poignant . . .
03/13/13
Simply breathtaking! I added it to my favorites. I hope you're an MC winner.
03/14/13
Beautiful and profound reminder of the basis of our faith!
Beautiful poem. Praise God that the chains of death have been broken. Congratulations on your EC!
I am so glad this lovely gem won an EC. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at FW. What glory this gives to our King and it is good news for us too!
03/20/13
This beautiful and timely piece speaks volumes of the Easter story. You are truly gifted with choosing just a few words and skillfully painting them into vivid images. So glad this made the EC list.