The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1770 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your have captured the essence of the actual note in a beautiful way. This was delightful to read.
Very interesting history. Good job writing a story in poetic form.
This is a beauty of a poem. It was one that just cried to read aloud because of all of the rich poetic language and words that just caught one up in the fierceness of the storm that was going on. And so I did and as I did I cried and my prayer became one with the captain's. How lovely that as they were dying, they thought of the eternal souls of those they were leaving behind. I loved the stanza comparing the shrillness of the storm to the quiet place that the captain sought to pray. You wrote a lovely tribute for your friend. Now she has an elegant poem to accompany her treasure of a letter. Thank you so much for sharing this jewel of such a caring captain and crew. What a wonderful God we have, reminds me of all of the miracle stories of some of the folks that were saved during 911. Blessings of Joy to you!
Passion and power! I love this. Thank you.
02/18/13
You have done a great job at telling this wonderful story in verse. Well done!
You are a artist. Your descriptions jumped off the page like paint on an artist's canvas. Great job!
I could taste the salty air! What an amazing story.
02/18/13
Outstanding poetry. Your vivid description brought the story to life and how amazing to know that it's true. Unique entry for the topic too. A winner for sure.
02/19/13
Your poetry talent with meter, skillful word choices, and beautiful message always amaze me. You painted such a bleak and tangible picture that the ship and sailors battled. Thank you for sharing their inspiring story with me. Love this!
02/19/13
oooh this was such a pleasure to linger over. The way you wove history into poetry captivated me. Superb masterpiece!
I just knew this had to be a winning entry! I love your poetry, as Bea says, the way you weave history (whether it be Biblical or as in this case a letter of a friend within a significant historical event) into your poetry with such beauty of language while keeping it authentic is truly remarkable. Congratulations Margaret, on your 6th place over all win. Have an especially blessed rest of your day in Him.
02/21/13
Congratulations Margaret. Your gift for poetry shines through everything you write and this one is no exception.
02/21/13
Congrats, Margaret. I'm very pleased to see this on the EC list! :)
02/22/13
Congratulations on your EC placing Margaret! Well-deserved!
Congratulations on your EC for this beautifully crafted poem!
So, well done. You've a gift for chronicling history in poetic form - and in the language of that day to match. Wonderful writing and a big congratulations on your EC!
02/22/13
You have packed so much energy, pain and hope into this entry, and I love how you have confirmed the truth of the greater story behind the stanzas. Congratulations on your EC.
02/24/13
Yay congratulations!