The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1071 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/13
Awww. This touched amazing entry touched my heart. Thank you.

God bless~
01/31/13
So sorry. Should say,
"this amazing entry touched my heart completely."

Thank you. God Bless~
Outstanding, and tenderly told.
02/02/13
Excellent work. The dialogue flows almost as well as the bible lesson folded within this beautiful story. I can't find a single thing I'd change. Awesome job!
02/02/13
I had to smile at your beginning. I've had those half-hour piano lessons that seem to take hours too. :) I love your tender story (one that has a profound message). I enjoyed every word.
02/02/13
Great job on this. I loved it. And I love the song "The Steadfast Love" too. Nice job.
02/02/13
Lovely story. "God repeats His mercies everyday" I loved that line because it is so evident in my life today.

I loved this. Very well done.
02/03/13
Tenderly told and very touching. The dialogue flowed so naturally, I felt like I was in the room with them. Great writing.
02/03/13
Warm, absorbing story that invites us to slip onto that piano stool and practise for the next lesson. Great work.
02/04/13
Precious and poignant piece of work. Reminded me that tender little ears are always listening.
This beautiful little story is a reminder of the many ways God can use us to witness of His love. I could see the story unfold so clearly. Well done.
02/04/13
This was a very touching story with a great message for all of us attached!

I enjoyed your great descriptive phrases such as in this section:

"Wait, a tear slid down her cheek.

“What’s the matter, sweetie? That was great. No problem forgetting the repeat. Everyone makes mistakes. You are doing very well.” I handed her a tissue. Her perfectionism spilled out all over my piano keys.

“It’s not that. I think my mommy’s sick.” That sentence hung heavy in the air like a tangible fog. Tears rolled out in earnest now."

Very nicely-written! :)
An interesting piece filled with deep messages. Thanks for sharing.
Sweet story. Touched my heart. The Steadfast Love of the Lord... one of my favorite choruses. Thanks for writing.
Boy i wish I had had a piano teacher like that... This was such a well layered piece from the "repeat" symbol within the written piece of music to Kammi's mom's "repeat performance" illness that is taking her to the hospital again, to our Lord's wondrous repeat mercies that indeed are never ending. I would love to read the novel or novella on this one. The characters were so real; down to earth and tender. Also, I found myself singing, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases..." as I was reading your piece. I love that song and it fit into context beautifully here.
Congratulations for ranking 23 overall!