The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1426 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love it! Your meter flows perfectly without straining anything. I found it captivating and fun.
01/10/13
I'm smiling at your use of "chap" and "flat." I can hear this read with an English lilt. This poetry seems magical with the all-encompassing use of the word, "flat." This is perfect for the topic, and excellent in form and meter. And about that "chap" you mention, can you bring him back in a sequel? :)
Haha, this was great fun. I loved it!
01/11/13
This has got to be a winner. If a poem does not get me in the first stanza, I almost never read the rest. This one put some kind of spell on me and I found myself at the end before I even realized I read the whole thing. It was so good I even read it again...I can't imagine that.

Great job! Thanks for sharing it with us.
01/11/13
You covered the topic with great humor and fun!
01/12/13
I really enjoyed your poem and all the 'flats' you included. It's humorous and reads well as verse. Well done.
01/12/13
I really enjoyed your poem and all the 'flats' you included. It's humorous and reads well as verse. Well done.
01/14/13
Oh my goodness, you are so funny! We have got to get together for coffee, because I love to laugh.
This is great and a wonderful fun-filled poem with some excellent rhyming lines.
01/16/13
Hahahahahahahahahaha...This is great and so ingenious!!! I loved it.

Thanks - God bless~
01/17/13
Congratulations on your EC, Verna! I didn't write an entry for Flat but I did research a little and did see some of these come up on Google:) Such a fun piece!!
01/17/13
Verna!!! Super congrats, dear friend! You already know that I think this poem is magical! :) <3
01/17/13
I think you're wonderful. This is a joyous display of creativity, Verna. Love it!
When I first read this, I just knew it had to be yours. Your ID (DNA) was all over it. So enjoyed it, especially the rhyme as it keeps trilling through my head. Congratulations on your EC, Verna. Well done!
01/19/13
Clever and funny-really enjoyed it!