The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1334 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a powerful piece. I love the way God can turn something horrific into a blessing. Your piece so clearly shows just that. I felt like I was right there and almost able to smell the smoke and feel the sting in my eyes. Beautiful bit of writing.
11/09/12
Oh, what sad story, but there is an excellent lesson for all of us at the end! Sometimes the wisdom we gain comes at the cost of some pain. Nice job!
11/11/12
Very poignant and sad piece with a positive message nonetheless . Well done.
11/11/12
Oh this is wonderful...what a powerful message! Sort of similiar to my crinoline dress poem with the goodwill store shoes and all. Beautifully written and just a blessing!
11/11/12
Oh, this is good! I loved the connection between the two fires, and the lessons learned. Very powerful. Great job!
11/12/12
Interesting read, and oh my, two fires and Art's irresponsibility--better check my alarms!

Colin (Gold Member)
11/12/12
Sad, poignant but with a wonderful message.
11/13/12
I found it fascinating how you interwove the two fires in creating create such a simple yet powerful message. Great work!
11/15/12
Skillful imagery and character depiction, with warmth and value coming through the devastation of the fires. Well done.