The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 917 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a lovely story. You're right that no one darns socks anymore as I wondered what a darning egg was. :) I think the transition between the sock and the gown was seamless. You wove the topic throughout the story with ease. I also really liked the ending. It was set up to think her husband would be there but how powerful to find Jesus instead. Great job.
11/09/12
Oh, this was a beautiful story, and the ending was just perfect! Your excellent writing let me see the whole thing unfold before my mind's eye! Very hopeful, very inspiring!
11/10/12
This gives my soul peace and joy. What a beautiful story and a comfort to me. Excellent writing and brought teas of happiness to my eyes.

God Bless
11/10/12
A lovely story that I thoroughly enjoyed. This was excellently written with an inspiring ending. Thanks!

Colin (Gold Member)
11/11/12
This is good. I guessed pretty quickly the white gown was a "passageway" to her Heavenly home. Nice job.
11/12/12
Oh what a beautiful, captivating story. I love all the tidgy, tweeny detail that carried it smoothly along to a delightful ending. Superb!
11/13/12
You drew me into your lovely story subtly. As I realized where you were heading I was even more enamored at your masterful use of words to heighten my sense of expectation. Well one!
11/15/12
What a beautiful account of transition into what we cannot begin to imagine. Loved the inner thoughts profile of your MC. Excellent material.
Congratulations for ranking 19th overall!