The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1275 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/12
Great story! The syrup on the bread made me hungry. Nicely done. God Bless~
09/14/12
Great tale of the "then" and "now" of camping. What fun for boys to share such times with their grandpas. Very enjoyable story--being familiar with javelina I can relate to the fear they put into the boys. This entry fit the topic perfectly--good job.
09/17/12
I found this entry to be a delightful read. The young ones today have no idea what life was all about back "in the good old days." Your story helped capture some of that while staying on topic. When you spoke of the air condition dorms, I'm thinking you meant "conditioned" and that was really the only thing I saw that needed to be corrected. Good work!
09/17/12
LOVE grandpa's voice. I wasn't pulled in until he started talking, but once he did, I was hooked.
Well told. Love reading stories comparing now and then; and this one did not disappoint. The voices of all your characters seemed very authentic.
09/17/12
I loved the tone and phrasing of this story. What a joy to read.
09/18/12
Fabulous storytelling. I especially enjoyed the tone of grandpa's reminiscing, 'air condition' seems like what an old granpa would say....Well done!
09/19/12
You hooked me for sure. I could smell the food all the way from Australia!
Powerful characterisation, and granpa's voice sounded just right. Loved it.
09/19/12
Great story. Loved hearing about camping in the ole days. :)

Great job and God bless.