The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1492 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/03/12
It's obvious the rest of this story never made it to its intended destination. Perhaps we'll never know why rich guy Tommy was pitied by poor guy, Guy unless the rest of the story ends up in the Critique Circle. :-)
05/05/12
Loved this. Great descriptive piece along with internal realizations of "empty riches."

I loved the "pitied" note at the end of the story...I'm thinking and feeling the man with his dog lived a life rich in Godly intent and purpose, the polar opposite of the "rich guy."

Thanks for this clever story...I enjoyed it very much.

God Bless~

05/09/12
This reminded me of the Rich man and Lazarus story in Luke 16:19-31.

"Poor" Tommy will be begging "Rich" Guy a cool drink of water for all eternity...Ouch!

I wonder if Tommy will keep trying to put that camel through the eye of a needle?





Oh this is a masterfully crafted piece. I'm sure most of us had have those what if dreams and we probably have good intentions at first but how easily it is to get caught in that trap. The last line was profound and says it all.
05/10/12
Congratulations on getting Highly Recommended!
05/10/12
Congratulations and God Bless~
05/10/12
Yepee! Congratulations my friend! Well done!
Hi -

Talk about perspective. This sure brought it home.

Thank you!