The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 895 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like the MC’s humorous voice in this personal narrative in which she reveals her flawed expectation. Very thankful that self-exploration leads to realization of truth and a happy anniversary. Well done!
A great title and story to match. You kept my attention increasing the tension. Well done.
09/02/11
Great job, you held my interest...Nicely done. God Bless~
09/03/11
Oh, I recognized myself in this story! You did a fabulous job recounting this event. Wonderful writing!
09/03/11
Love the voice of the MC - very real. And glad that both husband and wife learned something through it all!
09/05/11
The title made me want to read this and the ending made me laught out loud....great story!
09/06/11
Great story with great detail! So good that hubby and wife could salvage some experience and laughable memories from the not quite what was expected anniversary! I have to admit I would have been quite aggravated at my hubby with anniversary plans like that too...and honestly I’d have probably been ready to strangle him when he went to sleep in the car!!! :) I like the MC’s response better! :) Enjoyed this read!
09/06/11
The growing list of grievances speak for themselves so I don't think you need to use the frequent capitalization. Just let the reader hear the MC's growing frustration. Nice grace note at the end and a good lrsson for how we set ourselves and those we love up for failure.