The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 878 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow. I liked the voice of your MC and the descriptions. Recollecting our memories of childhood is sometimes done with a wince of pain. We learn that things don't stay the same and our view of life can be changed by circumstance.
May we forever hold dear to us memories that we formed in childhood, like the ferocious sun and the blue green front door.
I remember special places like the ol' creek that ran behind our neighbors house and the woods that seemed to call my name every morning.Ahhhh, memories. Well done!
07/21/11
I, too, really enjoyed the voice this was told through. Such strong emotions evoked by simple things such as sweaty koolaid pitchers and cool sheets. Excellent way of showing the topic without using the phrase.
07/22/11
This is absolutely excellent. I am thrilled. That's exactly what we humans do to each other. Beautifully written.
I love reading Master level entries. It inspires me to reach higher in my writing. Great piece. I could feel the sense of loss in a relationship that was forever changed.
07/26/11
Vivid in its depth of details, not just the colours and p[ictures, but also the range of emotions you have helped us to explore with you.