The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1185 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is beautiful and the perfect graduation gift as he will treasure it forever.
Amen! Hope this was read for the graduation celebration
06/13/11
I'm sure he will grow straight and tall with grandparents like yourselves.
I wish someone would write a nice poem about me LOL!
06/15/11
A short poem that tells so much. Your poem reminds me of two verses:

What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? (Psalm 8:4 NAS)

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.' (Jeremiah 29:11 NAS)

May everyone of us be able live out this principle as we say, "I'll dare to be what God has planned for me."

06/15/11
I enjoyed the repetition in the stanzas. Reminded me a little bit of "Trees" by Joyce Kilmer, about God's hand in creation and destinies.
06/15/11
Really lovely thoughts and so appropriate for a graduation! Well done.
06/16/11
i love the rhythm of this it is almost processional and so fits with a graduation (if they are anything like the ones in the UK that is).
I was slightly thrown by the 4th? stanza/verse where you turn to 3rd person and write about 'he' and i thought for a moment you were talking of God but of course the words did not then make sense.