The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1128 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was timely for me to read as we are currently looking for a new church home. It's been six months of looking. The furthest I've gone is about 25 minutes. I agree that the drive can be a blessing at times. So happy for you that you've found where God wants you.
03/15/11
This is a good topic for "minutes." I find that it only takes a "minute" to miss an exit or wrong turn. However, there have been many times I have made a "driving detour" thinking, "Hmm...maybe God just wanted me to avoid a problem or maybe just to get a better view of a field of sunflowers." I think His plan for detours is fun...yet it can make you late for the dentist!
03/15/11
The one-line interjections just made this story for me. Great message and what a fun voice!
03/16/11
I pray that God will guide you to the right church home. It took me nearly six months to find a church. It was practically right in my backyard.
03/16/11
Thank goodness, indeed. : ) I know what it's like to feel that tug-of-war (mine, not His) over leaving a beloved church. Congratulations on your move to Masters. A well-deserved trip.
The one-liners acted like punctuation marks! Nice ending with The Big Exclamation Point. :-)