The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1236 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I am totally LOL! From the title to the end, this is a riot. And quite realistic.
02/03/11
Such a cute entry and too true-to-life:) I like the contrast between daddy and home and the woman at the conference. Especially like how the two collide through texts. If only all husbands would learn as fast as this husband did, to appreciate all their wives do.
02/03/11
What a riot (the husband's efforts with the kids, the meals, and the house). I couldn't help but gloat a little, to see all the chaos. :) I love your title and his about-face at the end. This is wonderful.
02/04/11
I LOVE your dialogue and I can just smell the burning potholder (not to mention the diaper pail!). Fantastic entry!
02/05/11
I'm smiling and thinking this new house-husband needs a bit more practice. So glad his attitude changed with his melting ego by the end. Fun read that most readers will identify with--I know I did.
02/06/11
Ahhhh, but can Amanda chop the wood? Or does she need a manda do stuff like that? I loved the househusband's healthy foods menu in this terrific profile of cointrasts and shocks. Well-crafted, and lts of fun.
02/07/11
and I love Noel's play on words:) lol
02/07/11
What a fun story! So many great lines, I can't pick. Well done!
I really enjoyed chuckling at your fun story--sounds true!
This so reminds me of the Lonestar song: "Mr. Mom." It all sounds so authentic. Hilarious and great job.