The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1448 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I read this through 3 times and each time found something more to take from it and linger over it. A different format but a most effective one!
01/15/11
Thought-provoking for sure and excellent writing to boot!
Lovely...in writing, in format and in sentiment. I really enjoyed this beautiful piece.
01/16/11
Great job, Verna! I love the challenge of following a structured form of poetry. This is beautiful!
01/16/11
Anyone who can master this poetic form is brilliant. I love this. This "rare gem" shine!
01/16/11
Lovely! It's quite a challenge indeed to write in such a complex form, but you do it superbly! A joy to read and to savor.
Absoultely loved this. It should be considered a chest of jewels, so many gems of truth - and truth, after all, is the rarest of gems. Going to print this one out for remembrances on bleaker days.
You write so many gems I cannot call this rare, but congrats on a great job. This form isn't easy and I loved what you did and said through it. IN fact its one of my favorite forms and I enjoy when artists use it correctly and with purpose; which you more than did.
So creative and unique! Wow. WOW!
01/20/11
The repetition in this poem is so effective! It totally builds on itself and becomes quite powerful by the end.