The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1313 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You did a wonderful job on a very difficult subject. The more and more I talk about my past suicide attempts the more I open up. Hopefully someone will read your story and reach out for help. You may never know the difference you might make in one's life by penning these words.
I'm sorry I didn't find this sooner. What a good story! I liked how you wove the topic into it, and how you handled the hard details of an attempted suicide.

The only thing I wondered about was why a shot to the head didn't kill her? I'm glad that it didn't, but it almost seems like it should have.

Thanks for a great story. :)
11/01/10
Sarah, your writing is so clear and evocative that there are moments I forget I'm reading and just experience the story - masterful work in this one.

I agree, the shot to the head seemed a bit far-fetched, which threw me out of the story a bit. Still, excellent writing, friend!
Your excellent story is a good reminder of why parents need to listen to their children and how God uses our personal experiences to help others.

A very moving entry. I could feel your MC's emotions. I don't see any problem with the gunshot wound to the head. It wouldn't matter if God said, "Live, I'm not finished with you yet."
I love your ending.
11/04/10
This story really touched me. I had an adult foster care home and housed a gal that had shot herself in the head and didn't die. I was there to see her struggle through recovery, and able to see her come to believe that God wasn't done with her yet. Thanks for bringing back some bittersweet (mostly sweet) memories.
Congratulations for placing 7th in level 4 and 11th overall!