The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1204 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/16/10
Oh, this is sad, but leaves the reader with a message of hope by the end. I have a friend who lives in a similar situation. I have often wondered why she has stayed with her husband. And I think I finally know why - since she is physically safe (there's no physical abuse) she is choosing to honor God by remaining in her marriage, painful as it is at times. She's drawing her strength, comfort, and hope from her Heavenly Father.

It's definitely not the way God intended marriage, but is a sad reality in some homes.

Thank you for writing this - you did a good job.
09/16/10
This is sad because it is so true for too many women. Not sure it's the environment I'd choose to raise a child in, but like the message of hope within.
I pray this message of hope will be read by someone who really needs to hear it. It's given me encouragement and hope and I'm sure I'm not alone.
09/19/10
I don't know how people who don't know God make it through life...

Good story of hope and endurance.
I'm so glad that you ended this story with hope. It must be so hard to live life without the hope of God, and the promises from his word. I'm glad your MC had that.
Congratulations for placing 13th in your level and 19th overall!
01/21/11
Lori, I'm going to feature this on the Front Page Showcase for the week of February 28. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!