The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1277 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/03/10
This Biblical story was retold in a way that brings the characters to life and makes them so real for the reader. Love and forgiveness are powerful healers--as this story shows.
09/06/10
A great beginning that set just the right tone of despair. I'm not sure but I felt that the ending wasn't quite as intense as it could have been - maybe because we all know what's going to happen. But aside from this there's certainly a rich mix of emotions throughout
You did such a good job of giving her and most women like her a voice. So many say prostitution is a victimless crime and even though that may not have been your main agenda you showed it to be true.
Wonderful job. I love Biblical fiction and this one did not disappoint. I never had really thought of that story from the woman's perspective. Good job handling a sensitive topic delicately, too.
Gripping with brilliant flow. Excellently done!
okay, you have to know the warning makes people want to read it, right? :) well done! I love this story (one of those great OT stories full of juicy details that still drips with redemption and grace) and you did not disappoint. savory, dear friend, deliciousness.
Very tastefully and beautifully written--reminding me again of why I love the Lord that is represented here by Gomer.
Good job bringing this Biblical story to life. I've always read this account from Hosea's perspective. It was refreshing to see it retold through Gomer's eyes. Thanks.
09/08/10
I was always intrigued by the story of Gomer and Hosea, and you really brought it to life in a fresh way! It's a wonderful story of grace and redemption and a perfect picture of what Christ does for us.

This is just detailed enough to get the point across, but not too crazy with the sensuality. Nice job!
09/09/10
I like the way you recount the story of Hosea and Gomer from a different POV. Very well written and vivid in expressing the Lord's love for us—just as we are—even when we feel we are unforgivable.
Congratulations for placing in the top 40 overall.